forum

Forum

We encourage you to talk back! Expert advice is nice, but we all love to hear what other parents are doing. So, don’t just ask questions but share your own experience, thoughts, ideas, tips and examples.

|  Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Dani
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello, my husband and I are about to have a baby in the US. I'm a native Italian speaker, he's a Spanish speaker, we usually speak English or Italian to each other; and we plan to move back to Italy when our child will be 3 or so. Community language will change: he'll go to daycare etc in the US (English), and then pre-school and elementary in Italy (Italian). It is really important to us that our child becomes and stay proficient in English, which I don't think it's a given since it won't be the community language for ever. It's also important that it is not too hard for him to start school when we move back to Italy. We thought of: I speak English to him, my husband (and his parents when they come visit) speak Spanish to him, we speak Italian to each other (plus my parents speak Italian to him when they visit). Any advice or parents with similar experience that can share? :)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.