forum

Forum

We encourage you to talk back! Expert advice is nice, but we all love to hear what other parents are doing. So, don’t just ask questions but share your own experience, thoughts, ideas, tips and examples.

|  Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Mady Martac
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello. My dauther is almost two years old. I am Romanian and my husband is Italian. We live in Italy. Since she was born I have been speaking to my daughter in English and Romanian consistently alternating the languages on a weekly basis. I am not a native speaker but I fell comfortable speaking English. She goes to a local kindergarden where they speak Italian and my husband and I also communicate in Italian at home. I am trying to build a group of English speaking friends around us and I manage a playgroup in English one a week. She understands everything in all 3 languages but she speaks mainly Italian (very few exceptions, la couple of words here and there in Romanian and English). She also uses her own invented language a lot, when she pretends to read or when she gets excited about something or sings. At the moment I am having some doubts since I only hear of situations where one parent only speaks one language not more. Am I confusing my daughter? Should I stop speaking English to her and only stick to Romanian? Thank you very much.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.