forum

Forum

We encourage you to talk back! Expert advice is nice, but we all love to hear what other parents are doing. So, don’t just ask questions but share your own experience, thoughts, ideas, tips and examples.

|  Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Gil
Reply with quote  #1 
We have two kids 8 and 5 who are fluent in English (local language) and in Hebrew (origin language). At home we speak Hebrew and outside English.
When are kids play together they sometime switch to English (which I think is very natural as this is the way they used to play in school) or tell us something and mix the languages as they are missing a word her and there. The question is how much should we insist on a. playing in Hebrew b. talking to us in proper Hebrew as I don't want them to decide not to bother talking to me and telling me stuff because it is too much of an effort
Sandra
Reply with quote  #2 

I would just correct them.. not in a mean voice.. if they say something in hebrew and make a mistake just correct them.. like: Mom can I have apple? yes you can have AN apple. or say in hebrew we say it this way...

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.